Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

RDR2Mods.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

RDR2 Story Mode Multiplayer Co-Op Mod. L

You're viewing a summary of the most helpful posts in this topic — about 14 minutes of reading instead of 764 minutes for all 23 posts.

Featured Replies

Hey everyone! I know syncing the entire single-player campaign scripts is basically impossible due to the engine rigidity. But would any developers be interested in collaborating on a Light Script-Sync Project? Instead of syncing full missions, has anyone tried just syncing Player 2's position/ped model as an ASI plugin using basic peer-to-peer (P2P) sockets, purely for free-roam exploring? I'd love to help test or fund a basic proof-of-concept!

what if the scripts or the game, loaded in, with the two players, were done in all ways single except, just having a player with you, even if you can't animational interact or emote to them, does a camera/ game spectating mod work maybe, or is that just not gonna work either?

3 hours ago, IHATEPEOPLE said:

I think that’s actually closer to what I had in mind. I wasn’t thinking about syncing the whole campaign, just a second player existing in the world with basic movement and maybe combat. Even if missions and interactions stayed single-player, a free-roam companion would already be a huge step. I’m curious whether RAGECOOP or an ASI approach could handle that.

I understand, I was asking if any other ways to make multiplayer the way you said , I was asking about the modding that is being used on the multiplayer method you mentioned, was my question, i say those other methods within mods only cause I was asking how the mod works or would work, wanted to work and if any mod has used a multiplayer style link up in the past. I apologize for not being more clear

  • Author
11 minutes ago, IHATEPEOPLE said:
On 7/16/2026 at 5:18 PM, Ckytac2k said:

I understand, I was asking if any other ways to make multiplayer the way you said , I was asking about the modding that is being used on the multiplayer method you mentioned, was my question, i say those other methods within mods only cause I was asking how the mod works or would work, wanted to work and if any mod has used a multiplayer style link up in the past. I apologize for not being more clear

No worries! I think I understand what you mean now.

From what I’ve found, GTA V’s RAGECOOP uses its own networking layer together with ScriptHookV to sync players, NPCs, vehicles, and other game data between clients. (docs.ragecoop.com)

As far as I know, nothing like that currently exists for RDR2 Story Mode. There are modding tools like ScriptHookRDR2 and ASI plugins, but nobody has released a true RAGECOOP-style Story Mode multiplayer framework for RDR2 yet. (Nexus Mods)

That’s really why I made this post. I was curious whether a similar networking approach could be built for RDR2, even if it only started with syncing two players in free roam before attempting anything more ambitious.

I'm working on something like that I doubt it will come out anytime soon, but it is definitely possible here is a work in progress photo of what we have now WIP photo I don't want to hype anything up I'm just saying its possible.

for the open world aspect of things, the roamer NPCs and scenario NPCs "the ones you see doing stuff like carrying wood and saddles and stuff in town" are all synced host side currently so they don't multiply and same goes for the animals and fishing and random encounters. the issue with the story stuff currently is that there is a ton of scripted stuff in every mission and its way too much to handle and understand every element currently, there really isn't a good source for all the scripting in missions. so temporarily the story missions are not synced at the moment but I'm working on them. but the project is definitely in way better shape than ragecoopv currently because I recently played through gta v with it and sometimes it would desync and have tons of issues if you play the mission the same time. I'm making an announcement trailer for the mod currently so you will see more gameplay on how it works soon and ill post the link here.

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.